Position: Head of Financial Control (Corporate Controller)
Date of posting: 27th of November 2012
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Remuneration: Very Attractive
Purpose of the Role:
Develop and implement accounting policies, programmes, and systems to control the organisation’s financial assets and provide complete and accurate financial information and records.Primarily responsible for the integrity of all project related financial data and reporting, including billing, cash and debtor management. Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the organisation’s accounting functions so that procedures meet the organisation’s short and long-term business objectives and comply with regulations, accounting principles, and standards.
- Contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at the executive level to develop and implement accounting systems and processes that align with the organisation’s overall vision and its current and long-term business objectives.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of accounting policies, systems, and procedures in achieving strategic objectives.
- Review the organisation’s financial reports to ensure they have been accurately prepared and present findings and recommendations to the top executive group and/or Board.
- Ensure the company maximises its billings each month and that projects are set up with a billing schedule which matches to an agreed contract
- Plan and prepare monthly cash flow, three monthly forecasts and annual cash budgets
- Set up and review financial systems, procedures & controls, reporting and analysis requirements, including the forecasting of billings and revenue.
- Be the administrator of an ERP system
- Liaise with external auditors on revenue, work in progress, debtors and cash
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of managers to ensure that the organisation’s accounting activities are conducted accurately, ethically, consistently and according to relevant regulations, laws, and standards.
- Skilled at influencing and motivating people (directors, staff and clients) using persuasive arguments and at the same time diplomatic approach
- Set an example to all staff by demonstrating compliance with the company’s procedures and policies and operate within the company controls
- Actively address problem issues and recognise confidential and sensitive information as well as work in a professional and customer friendly manner
- Team player
- High ethical standards
- university (degree)
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ CA/ CIMA)
- at least 8 years of experience, preferably from a Terminal background in the UAE.
Send you CV here www.reformhr.com